BGLX Production Services delivered full event production to bring an explosive conclusion to the Tech Nation 2019 series, Rising Stars.
“Rising Stars is the UK’s newest and most exciting competition for innovative, early-stage tech startups, with a prize package designed to send your business into the stratosphere.”
Held in the London venue Rich Mix, the 2019 edition of Rising Stars sees 20 tech start up companies pitch against each other to win an incredible prize from Tech Nation. BGLX provided the full event production package in conjunction with the in house audio team to deliver the event.
And the winners of the 2019 Rising Stars Competition are….
BGLX have had the pleasure of working with the Tech Nation team for a number of years on multiple events delivering full event production. Starting across the north of the England, and now as they expand, the whole of the UK. The Rising Stars program has grown into a nationwide search for the best up and coming tech companies.
“Thank you so much to you and the team for delivering such great AV on Tuesday.Esme Caulfield, Competitions Lead, Tech Nation
Please can you pass on a huge thank you to everyone for once again being a dream to work with and creating your magic!”
“You and your team where the best group of techs I’ve worked with in a long time, I’m happy you had a fantastic time and I hope to work with you again some other time in the near future.”Dennis Cooke, Rich Mix London
Photos by the incredible Tynesight Photography
The Techy Bit
- Audio was provided by the venue, BGLX assisted with microphones from our Sennheiser radio mic stock.
- BGLX provided show coms for the event, making sure everyone of the techs and back stage staff could communicate easily.
- Lighting saw 16 Robe 150 LED Beams creating sharp lines on stage and made for exciting intros.
- In addition, 4 Martin Rush MH1 Profiles created dazzling breakups in the air.
- To top it all off, Martin Rush Pars up lit the truss in the company colours.
- All control with Chamsys MQ60 and Extra wing, using City Theatrical Show Baby for distribution.
- In the entrance, we produced custom gobos and our micro battery powered Chauvet Ez Gobo profiles projected the images.
- Core Mini wireless up lighters lit the walls in company colours.
- Video, the Blackmagic Design Atem 2 M/E was perfect for the job. Being flexible and powerful as we outputted 5 screens showing different content at different points. The macros made this effortless!
- We took an input from Jist Studios who were looking after the cameras and live stream. In return, we gave them a feed back for the content.
- Our range of Macbook Pros, with SSD drives are invaluable.
- BGLX 24″ and 32″ comfort monitors meant the pitchers and the judges had an excellent view of the content. On a 55″ Plasma, the timer is for the audiences viewing.
- Special Effects, our Unique Hazer created a perfect, light haze for the lighting to standout.
- And for the finale, 2 confetti cannons with fluorescent yellow confetti add a great touch to the competition as the winners were announced!